Thursday, June 28, 2018

Purple Love

Knowing the truth that nothing is permanent, I love change.  Since I love art, I cannot stick on to any form of art for a long time.  I have that madness to pursue the subject as long as I find the beginning, the concepts, the techniques and then I rest when I can handle it at any given situation.  In the beginning of this year, I had a chance to learn sculpting, painting with marble powder.  I instantly fell in love.  I can get ceramic effect with ease.  The effect of acrylic on it is mind blowing.  The only disadvantage is it is way too heavy.  If it is put to use in jewelry, it is fragile.  I had to work around those properties.  I have used technique of my own to sustain the piece. I could only manage a pendent, the effect I love.

This was about the time the Pantone color of the year was released - Ultraviolet.

A simple textured pendent enhanced with ceramic beads on waxed cotton thread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment