Friday, June 29, 2018

Lotus Pond

Love for stacking paper.  Trying out enamel effect or cloisonne on paper using whatever is available with me to bring out the desired output.  The effect is also called Meenakari in India. This time I have used semiprecious beads and polymer clay to accentuate my paper art.  As it takes as much time, energy and imagination as the other materials.  The cord it is strung on is also handmade with silk-cotton thread.
Once one of the ladies who was going through my creations told me it is so nice of me that I am putting waste paper into use.  I was saddened, I use high quality watercolor paper for my work :(.  I had to explain to her it was not easy, it is hard work, procuring raw material is an art by itself.  An eye for materials, such a brain wave before collecting or buying where that would exactly fit.  Sometimes it is trial and error.  The time we put in for research, learning techniques, coming up with new developments and ideas, the best place to procure things etc, etc... is a long process.  Only the passion for it does not make you feel tiered at all :).

The beads used here are green aventurine.  I am very particular about the names of the beads I go for.  I also check their significance.  This in particular, a stone which has metallic inclusion in its translucent appearance and also said to activate the Anahata chakra, the fourth chakra at the position of the heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment