Saturday, August 26, 2017

Sculpting

A new hobby-sculpting.  Attended a 10-day workshop and created a 2 ft tall figurine.  But as always I want to try with a different media and different purpose.  Yes, polymer clay and sculpting.  My jewelry design does not have much of sculpting.  The paper clay which I used for the figurine is also good to make jewelry but it is way too heavy.

This gives me ideas to create something for my son.  I have made a couple of thing for him before.  He was not very happy with that though but is kind enough to keep it in his collection.
This is the first try after the sculpting class - at the miniature.  The one at the back was a practice one and looked like an rouge elephant who was on a diet.  I wanted to squish it to a lump of clay but kept it because I had put effort.  I went ahead and baked it.  The one in the front with a cute ornament on his head and a bindi like bead is a domestic one.  They both had their own flaws and had a lot of criticism( my father is my critic) .  So it is him whom I rely on for sincere opinion on my creation, be it painting, jewelry, or now sculpting too.  So I had not posted these on the facebook page. Both now baked and added to my son's collection.  

After the above disappointment, came the idea of the latch.  This was loved by everyone including my very difficult to please teenager.  He is loving it and using it.  Showing off to his friends.  
Now he is my design consultant.  He comes up with very surprising ideas :) .  All the above creations are 1.25x1.25 inch squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment