Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Yakshagana

Yakshagana- literally means song of souls - a popular folk dance drama from Karnataka. When I used to watch the performance in my childhood, I used to be scared of their outlandish costume, the subtle gestures turning to bellowing cries and violent dance moves. Later on, as I came to appreciate the efforts, the messages they convey, the stories that unfold, longing to witness one such performances which are so very rare nowadays🙁.... One can see them as tableau at festival only to point out to the younger generation as a remainder of the magnificent plays we witnessed growing up. 

 Yakshagana pair, Krishna and Radha, WIP of a pendent which got shelved for what ever reason, trying to reconsider....
Made of polymer clay.
I took a long time for this piece.  Started in Jan of 2019 and completed only by April 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment